Home about faq sponsor contact everyday baby home

Thursday, January 2, 2014

I don't do New Year's resolutions.


I have the most difficult time staying inspired when it comes to blogging. It comes in spurts and when it does I should just write all day and get it over with. I think that this will be the very first post that I don't proof read and change. Even after I said that, I just re-read what I wrote and changed something (doh!).  

Lets have real talk. I used to blog, blog often and love it. I still enjoy writing and creating connection but having the store  has really limited my time! I just finished getting my certified lactation counselor certification, I'm finishing my Wee Hands certification (to teach baby ASL) and I'm still working on my Kindermusik classes…all while; cooking dinners, cleaning cloth diapers, nursing my sweet girl, ordering products, running the store, being a wife, etc etc etc.

This blog has taken a back seat..but NOT for long! I'm feeling good. A lot of "need to do" items have been checked off my list and I have a mile long list of blog topics I'd like to talk about.

I don't do "New Years Resolutions" I don't believe in them. I do believe in seasons though, I think that we go through phases. I am currently coming out of my "nose to the grind/unsocial season" I feel like one of those horses when they're in training and they have those weird things on the sides of their head, it's actually so they stay focused. They are called blinders. Some say that blinders were invented when a preacher had a wager with one of his friends. The preacher bet that his horse could walk up the stairs in his home, which the horse did with no problem at all. But, when he tried to coax the horse down again, it wouldn’t budge! So, the preacher covered the horses head and lead him down. He realized that covering all or part of the horse’s vision could encourage the horse to take chances it would not normally take. So my year of "chances" is over and now I embrace a new year of.wellwe'll see. I'll let you know when I know!

So with all of that being said…what season are you in? What kind of year has this been for you?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christian!!!! Thank you for sharing, now I can pray for you! In addition to that I would like to share a few of my favorite things with you. I am not sure if they will help, but I ascribe to a 'healer heal thyself' philosophy that sometimes takes time, trail and error to relieve my own pain and suffering but usually I will find something that helps. 1. Castor oil is a natural anti-inflammatory that can be put directly on the skin (don't drink it). I put a few drops on my palms and rub it anywhere that hurts and sometimes along the accompanying meridians. 2. Protandim is a supplement that also seems to help everything especially that has to deal with inflammation and disease. 3. Acupuncture. My favorite acupuncturist is in Sarasota, Adrianne Borden. Her and her sister both have healed me on many levels. 4. Prayer, I will send you light and love, strength and courage. Which of course if you don't know, you have a lot of already.
    As for me, I am very grateful for you, Christian. I am 8 months pregnant and I just love everything about what you are doing and what you are about. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete