Home about faq sponsor contact everyday baby home

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Cilantro Lime Chicken


Hey Guys! I've had lots of requests via: Facebook//email//Instagram to share some of my recipes! Here is one of my faves that I cooked up the other night. I actually learned of this recipe from a friend that was in one of the freezer swaps that I did. However, her recipe called for parmesan cheese and some other things that I didn't want to include. So I revamped the recipe and created my own parings.

I typically prepare my meals with extra. Why? I love to freeze portions so that I can have another meal later. It's alot easier to buy extra chicken than it is to go out and buy all of your ingredients to prepare the same meal in a month. I'm kind of a freezer fanatic. I love the idea of having healthy//easy meals on hand for a night I don't feel like cooking. 

So heres what you'll need:


Marinade
-2lbs Organic Chicken Cutlets (1lb for freezing)
-4tbsp Cilantro 
-2 Fresh Limes (I also use the zest)
-2tbsp Olive Oil
-1/2 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
-1/2 tbsp Red Chili Powder
-2 tsp Ground Cumin
-1 tsp Sea Salt

Parings
-Spring Salad
-1c. Quinoa
-1 Avocado
-1 Heirloom Tomato
-1tbsp Greek Yogurt

I let this marinate for at least two hours and then sauté. While my chicken is cooking I prepare my quinoa.

I serve the chicken on top of a bed of spring mix and quinoa. Throw in some heirloom tomato, avocado and some greek yogurt and VOILA! It's delishhh!

I hope that you enjoy!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment