Home about faq sponsor contact everyday baby home

Monday, August 27, 2012

One month update.

Please excuse the photo quality of this picture! I can assure you that I don't plan on posting that type of image quality often. It just so happens that this particular photo crashed during upload and this is what I got during recovery :( 

Well...it's been on month! We've made it! Yay! It's been soo great! 

Personality: Ella is proving to be as laid back as her Dad. She is not a fussy baby AT ALL! She usually only cries if she needs something; food, clothing or diaper change. We cloth diaper so she has to be changed more frequently (I will be posting about cloth diapering later). 
She is very smart and began tracking at just a few days old she rolled over for the first time on 07/22/12. I was very excited! She really loves tummy time.

Sleep: Ella has been bedsharing since her arrival. I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. I'm aware that there are many opinions on co-sleeping and thats what they are OPINIONS. For me, it's been amazing. Ella gets up once a night for a change and about twice for a feeding. I've really enjoyed cuddling with her.

Health: The only hiccup that we have had is thrush. It's of the devil and I hate it. I've boiled bras, taken every probiotic under the sun, washed up with vinegar before feeding and even rinsed her mouth after feedings. It's been trying to say the least. I have resorted to taking diflucan. She is not being treated, just me. So...we will see how it goes. Other than that, things have been great. She has gained 3lbs since birth and 2 inches in height. Exciting stuff!

Eating: We have a routine for sure. She lets me know when she is hungry and I feed her. Thats about it. Haha! I know that some will schedule and such, but that hasn't really worked for us. She gives me very strong cues and I listen. I just go with her...

Appearance: Well..she DID have a full head of hair. Not so much anymore. I was sad when I realized she was losing it on the top of her head. It happened over a few days. We would wake-up in the mornings and it would be scattered on the bed. Bald baby. It's growing in now but she looks funny. She looks a lot like me as a baby. It's the nostrils..haha!




No comments:

Post a Comment